Meeting needs where they're needed most.
Help us help Cleveland.
There are so many to thank for their help, time and generosity every day. Click here to go to our News & Media page and hear straight from Jonathan Gray, founder and CEO, who made a difference this past week.
Our latest news
What TFH is All About in 15 seconds . . .
In the News with A Better Land and News 5!
We were recently blessed to be able to spread the word about the Trials for Hope mission, thanks to Courtney Grousman of Cleveland’s News 5. Click below to watch the interview.
We Make the SchoolHouse Rock, Thanks to You!
Throughout the school year — and especially as classes begin in the fall — we support education and empowerment for young people through our school supplies giveaways.
We are always grateful to accept donations of school supplies and/or donations to purchase bookbags and all the items needed to help our kids be successful in the classroom.
Trials for Hope Fall Fundraiser
Virtual Auction, Raffle and In-Person Luncheon
We are pleased to announce a 3-part fundraiser this year:
- a virtual auction (November 12-19)
- a Crowne Plaza Cleveland raffle (drawing November 20)
- an in-person luncheon (November 13)
winter hats and gloves: 200 for adults, 130 for children
winter survival bag items for the unsheltered
children holiday bag items
• Bidding opens Saturday, November 12 at 6 pm.
• Bidding closes Saturday, November 19 at 6 pm.
• Raffle items added daily, including Cleveland Cavaliers clothes, restaurant gift cards and gift baskets.
• Donated raffle Items are gratefully accepted through Thursday, November 10.
• Auction winners will be notified after November 19 with prizes picked up or delivered.
• The auction is already open to view raffle items.
• Sponsorships available to businesses for $100 include their logo on the auction site as well as website and social media acknowledgement.
• Cash donations are tax-deductible.
• To support this auction, click here to make a bid or donate:
Crowne Plaza Hotel Raffle
• Prize: one-night stay in a traditional room at the beautiful Crowne Plaza Cleveland at Playhouse Square.
• Each donation of $100 earns one entry. The more you donate, the more chances you have to win.
• Raffle donations accepted both during the virtual auction and the fundraising luncheon.
• Drawing on Sunday, November 20.
• Cash donations are tax-deductible.
• Prize valid through January 31, 2023 (except December 31, 2022).
• It’s our first in-person fundraiser in 3 years!
• Held on Sunday, November 13, 2022 at 11:30 am – 1:30 pm.
• Lakewood United Methodist Church, 15700 Detroit Avenue, Lakewood, Ohio.
• The luncheon will include breakfast lasagna and omelets.
• Also featured: fun family activities like face painting and music.
• All of the items from the virtual fundraiser will be there for viewing and bidding.
• Donations will be accepted for the Crowne Plaza raffle.
• Requested admission: one canned meat item per person (but we won’t turn anyone away).
• No reservations necessary; just join us that day!
Together, we can make a difference.
Right here. Right now.
We deliver monthly
22,561 lbs food
We distribute food bank food to camps, homebound seniors, schools, community centers and more.
8,ooo lbs frozen meats
These are delivered directly to families, homebound seniors, individuals and group homes.
160 community meals
Trials for Hope sponsors two cooked meals and helps at two more each month, providing hot meals, toilet paper and personal care items to those in need.
2,650 toiletries & personal items
This includes shampoo, conditioner, toothbrushes, toothpaste, body wash, hand wipes, sanitizer, deoderant, soap, women’s hygiene products and more.
167 lbs warmth
Blankets, tents, below-zero sleeping bags, tarps and emergency blankets are always needed for individuals as well as our unsheltered.
500+ rolls toilet paper
Everyone deserves this simple dignity. Thankfully, some special donors and sponsors help us provide it to our family in need.
175 cleaning supply items
While they are especially important at this time, cleaning supplies are not covered in monthly stipends are are often beyond a luxury for many.
83+ pounds clothing
From hoodies to t-shirts, flannel shirts, pants, underwear, socks, shoes, coats and more . . . the need is always present.